Sacred Heart of Jesus
By: Brianna Malagon
Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, I trust in You!
Meditating upon the most Sacred Heart of Jesus invites us to dwell in His boundless love for humanity. There is no greater refuge for the human heart than the heart of our Savior. Jesus desires for us to unite our hearts to His so that we may be instruments of His love.
We must love as Jesus loves! But what might that mean? Well, let’s begin by identifying that Jesus is LOVE, therefore to love as He loves means to share Him with those around us. It means being humble, merciful, patient, kind, loving, etc. to all, even the person/people who have hurt us the most. We change hearts through smiles not snares.
Jesus desires for us to love as He loves, to better understand this He invites us to have a devotion. The devotion to the most Sacred Heart of Jesus entails attending Mass and receiving the Holy Eucarist the first Friday of the month for 9 consecutive months. Friday is significant because Jesus died on a Friday (Good Friday). In honoring that special day we also commemorate His crucifixion and death — His greatest sign of love. Oh what a joy! But wait… there’s more! Our Lord is so generous that He even makes 12 promises for those that have a special Devotion to His most Sacred Heart:
1. I will give them all the graces necessary in their state of life.
2. I will give peace to their families and will unite families that are divided.
3. I will console them in all their troubles.
4. I will be their refuge during life and above all in death.
5. I will bestow the blessings of Heaven on all their enterprises.
6. Sinners shall find in my Heart the source and infinite ocean of mercy.
7. Tepid souls shall become fervent.
8. Fervent souls shall rise quickly to great perfection.
9. I will bless those places wherein the image of My Heart shall be exposed and honored and will imprint My love on the hearts of those who would wear this image on their person. I will also destroy in them all disordered movements.
10. I will give to priests who are animated by a tender devotion to my Divine Heart the gift of touching the most hardened hearts.
11. Those who promote this devotion shall have their names written in my Heart, never to be effaced.
12. THE GREATEST PROMISE — I promise you in the excessive mercy of my Heart that my all-powerful love will grant to all those who communicate(Receive Holy Communion) on the First Friday in nine consecutive months, the grace of final penitence: they will not die in my disgrace, nor without receiving their Sacraments. My Divine Heart shall be their safe refuge in this last moment.
Click this link for more information:
Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, have mercy on us.